Patrick K. Sheehan
Practice Areas & Experience
Mr. Sheehan has handed civil lawsuits for 40 years, representing both plaintiffs
and defendants including trying multiple jury trials to verdict in state
and federal courts. He has tried cases ranging in duration from two weeks
to four and a half months. Although he has experience in virtually every
type of civil lawsuit, Mr. Sheehan has particular "big case"
practice emphasis and experience in the following:
- Wrongful Death and Catastrophic Personal Injury Cases
- Oil and Gas litigation, including disputes regarding leases, bonuses, title
issues, trade secrets and fraud.
- Trust and Estate litigation, including will contests and trust disputes
and breach of fiduciary duty disputes.
- Business torts, including breach of fiduciary duty.
- Business and partnership disputes, including shareholder disputes, partnership
disputes and fraud.
- Aug. 1975-Aug. 1976: Briefing Attorney - Texas Supreme
- Court - Justice Sears McGee
- Exclusively Civil Trial Practice since 1976
- St. Mary's School of Law, 1975, with high distinction (Graduated First in Class)
- Law Clerk for Texas Supreme Court Justice Sears McGee (1975-1976)
- Law Review Editor
- Yearly AV Preeminent® Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating (highest
Super Lawyers® Highest Possible selection and designation, 2009-2015 a Thompson Reuters service.
- 2015 Top Rated Lawyer in Commercial Litigation, a peer review rating, by
American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell®
- 2015 Lawyer of the Year. Selection as Best Fiduciary Litigation attorney
- San Antonio Texas San Antonio Magazine.
- 2014 selection as one of The Best Lawyers in America, Fiduciary Litigation,
a peer-review publication a Woodward/White, Inc. service.
- 2014 selection as one of The Best Lawyers in Texas, a peer-review publication
A Best Lawyers, LLC service.
- 2014 selection to The Top 100 Trial Lawyers, by The National Trial Lawyers
- Member of multiple State and Federal Bar Committees over many years related
to federal and state court litigation and trials.
- State Bar of Texas
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation - Life Member
- American Bar Association
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Fellow of the San Antonio Bar Foundation
- American Association for Justice